Part #: X8AA106
A hands-on activity book, A "5" Could Make Me Lose Control! An Activity-based Method for Evaluating and Supporting Highly Anxious Students is designed to help children to understand and control their emotional responses. Change the way your students think about and respond to emotions, like anxiety, sadness anger and more! How Does It Work?
- Introduce the stressor scale (points 1 - 5).
- I can handle this.
- This might make me feel uncomfortable.
- This could make me really nervous.
- This can make me MAD!
- This can make me lose control!
- Instruct students to sort stressor cards and read them aloud, one at a time.
- Let the student put it in the appropriate pocket that best describes the level of stress he/she might feel in the given situation.
- Ask the student to explain why he/she placed the card in that slot as they think about emotions like anxiety, sadness and anger.